Wednesday 12 May 2010

Wednesday 12th May

I've done it! I've lost the 2lbs I was aiming to lose this week. I have completed my food diary and been very conscientious. I am Slimming World genius.

I have cracked it with the Prawn Curry and today, being a red day, had a grill-up for brunch and then made Cottage Pie for dinner but used layered potatoes instead of mash so took total control on the spud front.

I also made Rhubarb and Ginger Brulee thanks to my members bringing me the rhubarb and I also made Curly Wurly cake. Now if ever there was a disappointment in life, it's Curly Wurly cake. 12 syns per whole cake! I would rather eat 2 Curly Wurlys at 6 syns each than eat the cake.£
I bought the Curly Wurlys which were only available in a 5 pack (for £1, a bargain), bought the satchets of chocolate options and surprisingly had the Scan Bran taking up valuable space in my cupboards (can't sell the stuff for love nor money!). I followed the recipe and TGUW and I bonded over its production. He crushed the Scan Bran whilst telling me about my lack of mothering skills compared to those of his Father, with whom he is going to live. Needless to say the eggs were very whisked and the Curly Wurly cut into very small pieces with a very sharpe knife. Curly Wurly number 1 went into cake number 1 and Curly Wurly number 2 went into TGUW back pocket, as did Curly Wurly number 3. Curly Wurly number 4 went into cake number 2 and Curly Wurly number 5 went into my mouth as I stood in disbelief at said production. Well, the fact that I am taking a whole cake and another half of one to group tomorrow night speaks volumes. Lets just wait and see what group has to say. I stood in the kitchen contemplating how to improve it and decided that the bin was too good for it and that perhaps the Ferrets would like a treat!

Now I have to tell you of this fabulous TV programme I have discovered. It's on at Living TV 9pm on a Thursday, called 'Drop Dead Diva'. It's about a thin, blonde model (Deb) who dies but is re-incarnated into the body of a large, brunette lawyer (Jane). It is very well done and the actress who plays the lead is great. She moves like a thin girl, tottering along and really does act as though she is thin, trying to squeeze passed people, tight spaces etc. She is fabulous, give it a go. It brings up all sorts of size-ist prejudices. By the way, I really love that advert for John Lewis using the music, ' She's always a woman'. Very clever.

1 comment:

  1. well done on acheiving your goal, it is possible and you have proved it, So the program works, but hey ho, i know that anyway.

    I absolutely love drop dead diva, its one of my favorite programs at the moment, it seriously give me a good buzz and yes lol at her mincing like a slim chick pmsl

    ReplyDelete