Tuesday 18 May 2010

Tuesday 18th May

According to 'Countryfile' the weather is going to be fabulous this weekend. So in celebration of this I have worn a skirt to work for the last two days. I bought this pencil skirt fairly recently, in the last year not when they were in vogue originally! However, my Jo-Lo buttocks are quite a strain on the fabric. I wore a sleeveless top which looked quite nice and the cellulite on the top of my arms matched the pattern of my top. I wore black tights and flat black shoes. In the light of my bedroom I looked cool and sophisticated so off I went to work. Once at work, in the good light and in front of a full length mirror I noticed that not only was I wearing the shoes of a librarian but my skirt and top did not match. Not only did they not match but I looked like I had run naked through my Mothers wardrobe and grabbed anything that was available. To add to my 'Gok Wan' moment, my tights had decided to go visiting my ankles and were definately heading in a southerly direction Officer. But my feet were comfortable and as my Mother would say, 'I was neat'. Shaving my legs and armspits would have been a bonus!

Anyway, food wise the new magazine was waiting for me in my shed when I finished group last night. So today I read it cover to cover. I make no bones about my love for the Slimming World magazine, second only to my love of 'Woman & Home'. I read up on the 7 day meal planner and made a list of all of the ingredients. I decided to go shopping and as I am having surgery on Friday, don't want to do any shopping from Friday onwards.

So I went to my local store and bought the ingredients, costing all together £66.00. I was well pleased. So tonight we had glazed hot chicken salad which is free on an Extra Easy day and was totally delicious. I bought loads of fruit, grapes, bananas, nectarines (very expensive!!!), blueberries and melon. I am preparing for being off, being bored and taking total control of not eating rubbish while watching daytime TV.

I have set myself some tasks. My OU course assignment for one, revising for my OU exam and getting to grip with my knitting of a Christening blanket which I started in 1974! The point I am trying to make is that planning is the key. Looking forward, seeing what hurdles are approaching and getting prepared for those hurdles.

I have decided to aim to lose 2 lb per week. I am going on a cruise in February and want to look as though I have the choice of desperate, middle aged men with heart complaints and not settle for any port in a storm ('cuse the pun!). Breakfast tomorrow is going to be fat free natural yoghurt with banana and blueberries with hard boiled egg salad for lunch. Sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment