Sunday 23 May 2010

Sunday 23rd May

What a weekend!
I only went into hospital for the day for a routine op and came out 1 day later having had more attention in the 'ladies department' than I have ever had in the whole of my life. I have been left with alot of pain, a belly that looks like I've been carrying for at least 5 months and the energy level of a toddler. However, I am off for the next two weeks so this blog could get very boring indeed!!!

I am now an expert in hospital food (having experienced 3 meals, and one of them was breakfast (choice of cereal)) and I have to say that it wasn't half bad. I had a sandwich on the first evening and chicken korma followed by cherry pie and hot custard ( I am healing!!) for lunch the following day. It was the portion size that got me. Now I have been a nurse for more years than I care to remember and I have fed many a patient. But the portions looked as though they wouldn't satisfy a flea, however, I was stuffed. There is something to be said for portion control.

Before I went into hospital I had a very health, healing inducing supper of salad with various 'added bits' such as baby corns, grapes and watercress. In an attempt to be in tip top condition and heal quickly. Imagine my surprise when I sufferred every complication explained to me, all before 5 pm in the afternoon! My surgery was at 9 am and I managed to sit upright at around 3pm because of low blood pressure. And that was just the start.

Anyway, I am safe at home now, walking as though I have done the coast-to-coast on a bumpy road on the back of a lame mule! With my belly containing a bowling ball and my lady parts begging for gender re-organisation!

Food -wise I am back on track and going off now to watch Micheal Buble

No comments:

Post a Comment