Wednesday 2 June 2010

Wednesday 2nd June

My recovery from surgery has been far from uneventful but in the great scheme of things, I have gotten off lightly. I did acquire a urine infection which was pretty uncomfortable but an inevitability considering that I had a catheter. I was given antibiotics and advised to drink plenty of cranberry juice. I went to the local health shop to stock up on arnica, vitamins and other healing-inducing preparations in a vain attempt to increase my chances of returning to work some time soon. £35.00 later I had a carry bag full of concoctions, including special offer cranberry juice. I have given this plenty of times but never been one to indulge myself. I was generally feeling slighly low and unloved so poured half a mug full and then added boiling water, in an attempt to recreate those days when Mum would make everything better with warm Delrosa and a junior aspirin. I was hooked, totally hooked. I initially got through 4 litres of the stuff then Morrisons had an offer so I bought another six litres. In fact, since then I haven't drank tea (not one for coffee). I have been drinking hot cranberry juice about 6 times a day. My bladder has taken on a new and controlled lease of life and I feel good. So good in fact that I spent a couple of hours planting things in the garden, over did it totally and had to take 2 paracetamol and sleep for a few hours!

Now with regards to my eating and sleeping. A general anaesthetic ususally knocks one for six anyway, but to me, it upsets my sleep patter so it has taken me all this time to get back to 6 hours continuous slumber. Thank goodness for the 'Life on Mars' box set, is all I can say! I was supposed to be looked after by MGA, who buggered off to a friends house for one night and was last seen slopping off in a town-wise direction! Not one single cooked meal passed my lips for seven days. The night that MGA went off I walked to Morrisons, bought chicken goujons and crockette potatoes and scoffed the lot! Since then I have been in charge of the kitchen. TGUW has appeared and has been very helpful, moving garden furniture around and carrying bags of compost. Before asking for money. That warm, fuzzy feeling just won't go away!

I haven't been too concern about my eating habits as I am a firm believer in letting ones body heal as it has to. And if that means eating finger foods then so be it. Until I got onto the scales - 5 lbs on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now stand at 12 stone 11.5 lbs. Nearly back to my 13 stone starting weight. I had a quick peek at the FO book and cranberry juice, for 42mls, is 4.5 syns.

Well bugger healing - back to food optimising!!

No comments:

Post a Comment